26 May 2023
Full-Time Associate Editor – Plaridel
As a team, we are looking for an Associate Editor to help us write and edit about food. Search terms and current research should be used to keep recipe galleries and recipe head notes up to date. People who work for this person will make dynamic content, edit text, and help other editors make stories that work on a variety of devices. This job’s responsibilities include writing and updating recipes, cooking instructions, and other things about home cooking.
Job Title : Associate Editor
Location : Plaridel, Bulacan Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 19.53 per hour.
Company : Built In
Job Type : Full-Time
- Coordination between editing employees, external resources, and other divisions should be simplified.
- Effectively manage the yearly aims for journal submission, publication, and transfer volume milestones, in addition to target turnaround times targets.
- Improve the quality of your journals to guarantee that the Editors in Chief and Editorial Board Members (EBM) on whom we rely are as engaged as feasible.
- Assure that any concerns with your journal, particularly those experienced by authors, editors, and peer reviewers, can be addressed swiftly and effectively by colleagues in production, JEO, IT, and other departments by establishing great working relationships with them.
- Deliver clearly expressed verbal and written remarks, as well as practical, constructive assistance, on concerns such as excessive violence, explicit language, explicit material, imitable conduct, commercial product placement, and/or other images that may be inappropriate for broadcast.
- Interviews with chefs or home cooks, product or method recommendations, and other service-oriented content for periodicals.
- concepts for all media, including recipes and articles, that may be integrated into the brand’s overall editorial strategy (digital, print, social, podcast, video, etc)
- Establishing a planning document for each piece that offers authors with validated sources, background information, formatting requirements, and publication dates is an important step.
- In the beginning, make sure advertisements meet internal brand standards and regulatory requirements. Then look at a wide range of marketing, scientific, and other evidence that backs up ads.
- Monitor and assess departmental systems and processes on a continuous basis with the goal of generating and implementing innovative ideas that will improve our operations.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work with workers at all levels as well as cooperate with a team on a regular basis are required.
- The ideal candidate will have at least three to five years of experience in the fields of journalism or writing, as well as some familiarity with SEO and newsletter planning.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from other departments (Art, Photography, and the Test Kitchen), as well as with freelancers and outside contributors, at all levels of the brand
- It is essential that you have the capacity to multitask and manage a large volume of time-sensitive tasks in an environment that is both dynamic and fast-paced.
- A grasp of and expertise with web-based publishing and content management tools, such as Photoshop.