17 Mar 2023
Full-Time Assistant Controller/Financial Manager – Jos
The Financial Controller, as a member of management, is in charge of direct oversight of all day-to-day accounting and financial operations. Primary tasks include overseeing daily and period end operations, as well as Period, Quarter, and Annual reporting, as well as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll Processing, Treasury functions, GL Activities, and reporting. The Financial Controller will design and execute systems that are consistent with our company’s policies and procedures.
Job Title : Assistant Controller/Financial Manager
Location : Jos, Plateau, Nigeria
Salary : $ 37.09 per hour.
Company : PPL Corporation
Job Type : Full-Time
- Studying current and new laws, forecasting future legislation, ensuring adherence to regulations, submitting financial reports, and advising management on essential steps ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal obligations.
- Writes back to Property Management’s demands at all levels, including the development of specific reports, financial results and associated systems analysis, and the identification of potential issue areas.
- In order to guarantee compliance with all internal and external regulations and mandates, the organization must establish and maintain effective accounting controls that meet these requirements.
- For the company’s assets to be properly managed, this department is responsible for setting up adequate accounting systems for revenue recognition and cost accruals.
- Financial transactions are recorded, classified, and monitored on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis by team members under the supervision of the finance manager.
- Performs research and analysis, resulting in reports that include assessments of profitability and return on investment, as well as analyses of expenses and comparisons of financial data and informational data to support findings and proposals..
- Internal and external stakeholders will work together to ensure that all government obligations are met in a timely manner throughout the tax return submission and quarterly distribution process.
- Maintains equipment inventories, evaluates new equipment and processes, establishes preventative maintenance standards, and negotiates service contracts to ensure appropriate operation.
- v Performs in-depth evaluations and analyses of both the budget and the financial reports, in addition to producing and generating recommendations and adjustments to the financial plan, as well as producing and generating financial reports. It is the responsibility of the internal management as well as the parent business to receive information and results, and it is also the responsibility of the internal management to guarantee that they are shared and distributed.
- As required, provide support for the efforts of the Finance Department, including the development of software and systems as well as other departmental or company-wide enhancements, via research, planning, and actual implementation.
- A four-year degree in accounting or comparable experience is necessary, as well as five years of accounting or related experience, including at least one year as a supervisor.
- Maintains the outcomes of the work of the financial staff by coaching, counseling, and penalizing individuals and by planning, monitoring, and reviewing the results of the work.
- A minimum of ten years of accounting, auditing, and financial expertise is necessary, as well as a proven understanding of accounting concepts and corporate taxes.
- Self-starter who takes charge of difficulties and completes tasks without the need for ongoing supervision. Asks for and acts on criticism while always seeking new responsibility.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, ideally with an economics, accounting, or finance specialization. Candidates with a master’s degree or another professional certificate are given strong consideration (such as a CPA or CMA).