26 May 2023
Full-Time Assignment Clerk – Oyo
For an attorney or group of attorneys, the Law Clerk is responsible for administrative tasks such as drafting and editing legal documents, managing legal projects, and maintaining frequent communication with clients and regulatory agencies.
Job Title : Assignment Clerk
Location : Oyo, Oyo, Nigeria
Salary : $ 23.74 per hour.
Company : DLA Piper Global
Job Type : Full-Time
- conduct research based on the study’s results, formulate a proposed opinion for the judge to consider when explaining the court’s decision and the reasons behind it.
- To help with client engagements and presentations, as well as other duties as assigned by the principal.
- Consider using the skills and abilities indicated above in any additional work assignments that need them.
- Gathered documents are classified and catalogued for use in court proceedings at this site.
- Prepares and organizes business legal papers, such as company filings and registrations, prepares communication, document assembling, and aids with outside lawsuit management.
- Discusses cases with the judge, ensuring that all salient points raised and related issues of law are taken into consideration; expresses opinion and ensures that the judge’s viewpoint and intention are understood; drafts opinions and orders for cases, including both civil and criminal, sentencing decisions, and related matters; ensures proper citation of applicable statutory and precedential guidelines; responds to the judge’s questions about citations, intent, and other elements of such drafts; receives final approval of opinions and orders.
- Invest time and resources into identifying and capturing economic opportunities that are relevant to the legal business, as well as in designing and implementing suitable features and functionality for the website.
- Do legal research to find out if the legal arguments and authority given by litigants and their attorneys are true or not. Use discretion and judgment to figure out which issues are important and which aren’t.
- Reviewing pretrial briefs and other submissions for completeness; summarizing information presented, identifying pertinent issues and other noteworthy elements; conducting research into precedential and related cases, laws, and opinions; summarizing such findings, including likely outcome based on information available, and submitting such information to assigned judge; preparing multiple summaries for all judges involved in en banc panel (or argument court) cases.
- Finding probable cause is done by assessing the need for further information and evidence and devising detailed processes to gather the information and evidence that is necessary.
- Must have achieved a Bachelor of Laws or Juris Doctor degree from a recognized legal school at the time of enrollment or graduation without exception.
- Capability to draft opinions, memorandums, and other related legal documents that address relevant issues, cite relevant law and precedent, and convey judicial views
- Effective communication with the general public, other departments, offices, and personnel is a must.
- familiarity with the rules and regulations governing civil and criminal proceedings as they apply to the jurisdiction of the Court of Common Pleas is required.
- Ability to work well with coworkers, to accept hierarchy, and to maintain polite interactions with the general public