26 May 2023
Full-Time Administrative Assistant (Expanded Care Office Hours) – Ogoja
As the primary point of contact for patients throughout their office visit, the Medical Office Assistant is responsible for their well-being, security, and confidentiality. Maintenance of patient care and staff work areas; assistance with office functions as directed by department supervisor; communication with patients, doctors, and other office staff during patient visits; assisting doctors with suturing, delivering medical equipment, giving injections, taking x-rays, scheduling appointments, and keeping track of patients’ records; and more.
Job Title : Administrative Assistant (Expanded Care Office Hours)
Location : Ogoja, Cross River, Nigeria
Salary : $ 28.01 per hour.
Company : Tribeca Pediatrics
Job Type : Full-Time
- aids in completing “end of the day balancing/closing” tasks such as preparing deposits for courier pickup.
- Performs routine maintenance on medical equipment and supplies, including ordering replacements, stocking up, cleaning, and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for setting up appointments for referrals as needed or directed by the physician.
- Timely communication with directors, managers, and committee members can be ensured by typing memorandums, letters, position summaries, flowcharts, graphs, deviation reports, and policies and procedures.
- Filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, and patient registration are just a few of the administrative or clerical tasks that may be performed as needed.
- Calls are sorted by urgency and redirected when necessary.
- As needed, carry out clerical tasks like project assembly, collating, photocopying, faxing, and filing.
- Copays, deductibles, and account balances are collected, documentation is completed, and charges are posted.
- Greet and check out patients, schedule follow up appointments, and collect appropriate paperwork.
- Conducts research on medical aspects’ coding/billing messages sent to the clinic and provides timely responses to all inquiries.
- You need to be able to think critically, make sound decisions, and get things done with little oversight.
- Medical office assistants with at least three years’ worth of experience are recommended.
- Possessing both a high school graduation and a year of medical assistant training is preferred.
- This position requires the use of a personal computer, printer, and fax machine.
- Must be capable of working in a challenging situation and taking the necessary steps.